I miss...

Life at C.H.S.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

jnichel
Site Admin

I miss...

Post by jnichel »

Passing notes with Julie in Mrs. Hienz's class. We were IM'ing before IM'ing was invented.
Experiments in Mr. Traylor's classes
Anything taught by Mr. Cox
Lunch time in Mr. Lambert's class
Learning how to make a PB&J in Mr. Naquin's class
Cleaning out the lockers at the end of the school year (oh boy, the stuff we would find)
Friday night football games
My friends.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

shane

Post by shane »

Hanging out at the Lakefront...
Going to the French Qtr...
Parties...
"eggsstra friez, puleez" at lunch...
parking lot water gun fights...
the Commons...
Mr Cox's class...
Mr Bankston's keys...
having not a care in the world except homework and what I'd be doing on the weekend

I'm lucky I still see or talk to many of my friends from back then, but this whole process has reminded me of those I don't.

I DON'T miss...

Mrs. Wolfe's class...
cliques...
that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I saw someone I had a crush on...

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

We went to the coast last weekend for "Cruisin the Coast" and there was a sign there that said...

Mrs. Mitchell's Psychic Readings

I wanted to get a picture of it so bad, but driving in the car, I wasn't quick enough. Thought you all would get a kick out of that.

Bless her soul, she's now passed, but I absolutely hated her class!! However, I was an "A" student in college in Algebra, all thanks to her.

Trig & calculus....another story. Didn't learn a thing from poor ole' Mrs Heinz....probably because all we did in her class was socialize (and cheat a little too!) I think that was when John & I invented IM'g.......

I couldn't possibly sit here and list all the good times I had back then.....I could go on for days!!

Sheila Hueschen Rawls

Post by Sheila Hueschen Rawls »

Hi Julie,

I absolutely hated Mrs. Mitchell's class. Why did she have to be so mean? Ican remember standing in front of class working a problem on the board, shakin' in my pants...WHY DID YOU DO THAT?...she would scream and look like she was going to rip your head off. Now, how was I supposed to think with all that interrogation going on??? I'm getting stressed just thinking about it!!!! God bless her! I did well in college algebra also.

About Mrs. Wolfe's class...does anyone remember Chris Cooper reciting Shakespeare? It was hilarious!!!

And Mrs. Heinz...I remember sitting by Eric Goodman and I think it was Al Lehman oh,yea and Angela Bonaguera and doing nothin but talking and laughing! It was a blast! Julie, were you in that class?

The memories are very slowly coming back.

Sheila

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Hi Sheila!! Welcome to the addiction.....I don't remember who was in Ms Mitchells class, probably because I was too scared to look up from my desk and look around.....might make eye contact with her and get sent to the board!! I had Mrs. Wolfe, too, and I had to sit right in the front row. I really can't remember who was there, but it's funny, I was just talking to Leslie yesterday and she was saying how much fun she had in that class with Chris Cooper!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Sheila - you, me, and Eric Goodman had Ms. Mitchell together our junior year. Cheryl (?last name - CHS85) that married Stephen Bridges also had her. I can remember us all being from Abita and flunking our first test. Probalby others in clas we knew, just can't quite recall right now.
Brenda