High School Sweethearts?

Life at C.H.S.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I noticed earlier that several of you are still married to their high school sweetheart. That suprises me in a positive way since divorce rates are generally around 1:2 in the US (and over here...) I believe.
Besides some small, I don?t know if this is the right word, ?escapades? I only had one high school sweetheart: Audra, a sophomore at CHS and younger sister of Kyra Holden who was in our class. I can honestly say that she was my first real love and that I hated going back to Holland that summer.
I got over it later that fall when I fell in love with met my current wife, Piera, who I knew from my Dutch high school. We?ve been together now for 20 years so in a way I did marry my HS sweetheart after all :)
Maarten

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:John - I must have partied too much in college 'cause I don't remember the alter thing....lol
I don't either, but with my memory I have to make things up every now and then. 8)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Connie

Post by Connie »

Maarten,
I remember Audra, my younger brother dated her for a year or two. I think she is happily married now (not to my brother). I'll have to check on that.
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi Connie,

Yes, I know since we still have contact by email every now and then. She is married, has 3 kids (including twins) and lives in the Baton Rouge area.
Maarten

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

My "HS Sweetheart" are NOT together! Thankfully!
Brenda

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

I'm sure everyone remembers my high school sweetheart......David Wagner. Lisa Leahy and I shared him....hee hee

We never married, though, nor did he & Lisa. But I'd love to hear what's happening in his life.....I see his mom every now & then, and she tells me all about him. He's supposed to be at the reunion.

And, where IS LISA LEAHY!! I know she's still in Bush, but I thought she would have contacted someone by now. I don't have an email address for her, but I do have her phone #....let's bug her & see if we can talk her into coming to the reunion. Email me if you want her #.....

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Gosh, I almost forgot.....

John, you were my true sweetheart!! All the times you listened to all my sob stories.....

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

I would love to hear how Lisa is doing and her sister Shelly too. It's amazing how you lose touch with so many people who were such good friends at one time.

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Julie Mathies wrote:Gosh, I almost forgot.....

John, you were my true sweetheart!! All the times you listened to all my sob stories.....
I'm touched. :oops: :D

You put up with me all those years as well, and to this day, that means more to me than most will ever know. 8)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Thanks John!! That was sweet!! I, too, am truly thankful that you and I have kept in touch all these years. You were (& always will be) a great friend!!

mark

Lisa Leahy

Post by mark »

Lisa married Johnny Grab of St Pauls class of 86. She lives in Madisonville now. I just left a vm on Johnny's cell to make sure they rec'd the reunion info. He's an old friend.
Mark J Leach

Tonia Delhommer Taylor

Post by Tonia Delhommer Taylor »

Melinda, I have been meaning to let you know that it was really nice what you said about Samantha. I think we both have two wonderful children and they really compliment each other. They are definitely witty and enjoy each others company. It really is amazing how things turned out the way they did.

Sincerely,

Tonia :D

melindam

Post by melindam »

Hey Tonia,
You're welcome. I love Samantha dearly. She's such a sweet and beautiful young lady. You guys should be proud and I know that you are. I hope she's feeling better. Tell her I said to get well soon! Homecoming is Saturday!!!!!!

Shondiharpmulkey

Post by Shondiharpmulkey »

Julie,

Lisa Leahy goes to church with us. She still looks the same-same pretty girl. We worked VBS together this year and I know I have her cell phone number somewhere around here. I will look for it tonight and call her tomorrow.

Shondi

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

I married Clay Byron (c/o '82). We didn't go to CHS at the same time but I was a senior when we dated. Does that count?

Some may know his younger brothers Rodney (85) married Jerri Sharp (86) and Ricky (87) breifly married to Lisa Falgout (87).