Greg Harrison

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

bgregharrison

Greg Harrison

Post by bgregharrison »

After CHS I graduated from LSU with a degree in psychology. I worked with an eating disorders group (LSU clinic) and female inpatients (at Southeast Louisiana State Hospital) for a short time before becoming disillusioned by the whole thing. For the past 15 years, I have been working at Social Security Administration and am currently the assistant district manager in Alexandria, VA. I love what I do and will probably be with SSA in one position or another for another 15 years.

Those of you who went to the 10-year reunion may recall that I was married. That marriage ended in divorce, which turned out to be one of the best things that could happen. A little more than 3 years ago I married Vicki. The lyrics from Newsong?s ?When God Made You? describe how I feel about her more eloquently than I ever could.

We plan on coming to the reunion. Reading your postings and seeing your pics makes me miss you guys.

Angie

Hi Greg!

Post by Angie »

So glad you found the site...you look great...sounds like you are happy. I still have not bought airfare yet, but planning on being there stag at least. Interested to hear more about your disillusionment with the mental health field.
Angela Eddy Feemster

Connie

Post by Connie »

Geaux Tigers!
Glad to hear you are doing well Greg! :D
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

Sweet Lou

Post by Sweet Lou »

Greg!

My cousin got married in Cincinatti in July and the hotel we were all staying at had the #2 band of all time staying there.....

That's right ...Styx is still #2! Remember all the fun we had about that one?

It's great to see you! Are you coming to the reunion?

Peace,
Lou

Tina Li

Post by Tina Li »

Greg! It's great to hear from you. You do look great. Hope to catch up soon.

JonBarton

School bus Memories

Post by JonBarton »

Greg Harrison, I never see a square metal lunch box and don't think of you and your brother Byron (or was it Brian?). I remember sitting 2 seats behind the two of you on the school bus (4th or 5th grade?), and Clifford Brown in front of me, just pestering the hell out of you and Byron, day after day, week after week, .... and one day Byron had had enough, and did a full roundhouse with his lunchbox and nailed Cliff on the side of his head with it, knocking his head into the window and cracking the window. I can still hear the "whang" of the lunch box hitting him, and still hear the crack of Cliffs head hitting the window, the dazed look on Cliff's face, and every body laughing at him. Then predicatably, Skip (the bus driver) looking up, seeing the second half of the action, yelling, "HEY BOY!, SIT DOWN!"

Somewhere In the 5th grade in the middle of a school day I got called to the principals office and on the way there Cliff popped out of another class room and followed me. When we got to the office, there was Skip the bus driver, and the Principal with the PADDLE (with the holes drilled in it) already in his hand. I didn't recall misbehaving lately, but there had been occurrances before. The principal (I can't seem to remember his name, but I do remember the dour look on his face) said "I understand you boys have been misbehaving on the School bus!" He just bodily grabbed Cliff and whacked him about 5 or 6 times with that paddle, then I got the same. I had marbles in my back pocket, and I remember being worried that the glass would shatter and be driven in to my A**. I also to this day, don't know what particular sin that I got paddled for, other than sitting too close to Cliff.

I still have some guilt feelings for some of the rotten things I did to that man and his bus, usually under the leadership of my older brother, but I won't put those in writing. :twisted:
Last edited by JonBarton on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phil

Post by phil »

...I will!

Egging Skip's Bus! Egging Skip's Bus!!!!
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

spoken like a true accomplice.