Jerry

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Jerry - Have a safe flight - If you would like, I will treat you to the 1st po-boy!!! Feel free to come in Rags Too anytime. If I am not there, tell them to call me or ask for JAY.

Be Safe!!

Madonna Toney

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Mucho Gracias, Madonna. I'm sure I'll see you in a couple of days...... :D

2 more hours of work left...... 8)
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

GREAT!! Were you productive today? Your son is precious. I have not posted b/c I just do not have time at this point. Hopefully, in the NEAR future, I will be able too. GOOD LUCK and Jerry, thank you soooooo much for the e-mail.

Madonna Toney Giacona

phil

Re: safe trip

Post by phil »

sheri wrote: OH, and if you asked my brother, he'd say any daquiri - with an extra shot!
Oh, man - drive thru daquiris. The reason I can only come down to LA in short bursts. :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

I was just telling someone about the drive thru today, too funny. We used to go every Tuesday and Thursday while at SLU...2 for 1 ya know!!
Jan Illenberger

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Big difference when you leave South Louisiana. I remember the first time hearing, "Last call" in a bar in Orlando. I actually asked the bartender, "Last call for what?". Almost got arrested in Charleston for leaving a bar with my beer (in a can). The funny look I got when asking for a 'Go Cup'. Just looking at the people here in Buffalo when they proudly state that some of their bars stay open til 3am. :lol:
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

My co-workers are absolutely gob smacked when I say drive thru daiquiri shop. I remember a bar in hammond that was drive thru. You could get rum and cokes to go.....

I'm gonna have to get a picture tommorrow...... :D

Some what productive....... :)
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

phil

Post by phil »

jnichel wrote: Just looking at the people here in Buffalo when they proudly state that some of their bars stay open til 3am. :lol:
To which we respond: Some bars in New Orleans open at 3am. :wink:
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Robin

Post by Robin »

jnichel wrote:Big difference when you leave South Louisiana. I remember the first time hearing, "Last call" in a bar in Orlando. I actually asked the bartender, "Last call for what?". Almost got arrested in Charleston for leaving a bar with my beer (in a can). The funny look I got when asking for a 'Go Cup'. Just looking at the people here in Buffalo when they proudly state that some of their bars stay open til 3am. :lol:
Reminding me of my first months in Texas. Culture shock!!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

phil wrote:
jnichel wrote: Just looking at the people here in Buffalo when they proudly state that some of their bars stay open til 3am. :lol:
Yeah, no kidding. When I was still living there (and going out on a regular basis), I usually didn't even leave the house until 11pm or later. The bars didn't get going until around midnight....these 'last call' things screw that up.

When I first moved up here, some of the guys I work with decided to take me out one Friday night, telling me all about how this certain section of town was like Bourbon street. So I'm expecting crowds, right? We get there, and they're going on and on about how crowded the street is, and I'm thinking to myself that it's like a Wednesday night in Fat City....a few people here and there, but a far cry from Bourbon on ANY night.

I've been trying to talk my boss into taking a company trip down to New Orleans. 8)
-- Basil Fawlty

melindam

Post by melindam »

jnichel wrote:
phil wrote:
Yeah, no kidding. When I was still living there (and going out on a regular basis), I usually didn't even leave the house until 11pm or later. The bars didn't get going until around midnight....these 'last call' things screw that up.

When I first moved up here, some of the guys I work with decided to take me out one Friday night, telling me all about how this certain section of town was like Bourbon street. So I'm expecting crowds, right? We get there, and they're going on and on about how crowded the street is, and I'm thinking to myself that it's like a Wednesday night in Fat City....a few people here and there, but a far cry from Bourbon on ANY night.

I've been trying to talk my boss into taking a company trip down to New Orleans. 8)

Hey John,
maybe you could talk him into a company trip next weekend?!!! Couldn't hurt! :twisted:

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Looking forward to seeing you guys. Daiguris? Where to start??
Brenda

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

melindam wrote:Hey John,
maybe you could talk him into a company trip next weekend?!!! Couldn't hurt! :twisted:
Not 'exotic' enough for him. Two years ago, he took us all to London for a weekend; last year we went to Cozumel. I think my only hope is Mardi Gras.
-- Basil Fawlty

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE WEEKEND!!!! Too much to do. :cry:
Jan Illenberger

melindam

Post by melindam »

Oh well, it was worth a try! You'll be missed John! Are things getting back to normal at your place? I haven't really been keeping up with the weather. Hope all is well!