Jerry

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

I don't envy you the flight Han. How long is it?

Jerry - we miss you - get to a computer!
Brenda

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Brenda, it will be nine hours to Chicago then another two hours into New Orleans. It's a lot easier coming back to Europe than going to the states. You usually leave the states at night, so it's easier to sleep. As long as I don't have a jacka** next to me that has to get up every 15 minutes I should be okay. :) Just need ear plugs, pillow and eye cover.
Jan Illenberger

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

We stayed at the airport which made it more civilized that morning, as we live 3 hours away, plus the three hour check-in. Made it across allright except for some loud a$$ behind us who wouldn't shut up and said the same stuff over and over again.

Sarah got flagged in imigration in Houston, which made it quite stressful as our connect flight was only 1.5 hours. I had liguids in my carry on as I bought duty free in London. So I had to check the carry on or lose the booze. Take a guess which way that went. :D

That held us up even more. So Colin and I are running through the airport. Sarah's somewhere in immigration and we get to the gate to find it's been changed, to the other side of the airport. Colin and I turn around and start back the other way.

Sarah comes scooting by us in a courtesy cart. Luckily I flag her down and we hop on. 2 hours later we're in NO :D .

But the booze isn't...... :cry: :cry: :cry: Go figure....
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

JerryFish wrote:We stayed at the airport which made it more civilized that morning, as we live 3 hours away, plus the three hour check-in. Made it across allright except for some loud a$$ behind us who wouldn't shut up and said the same stuff over and over again.

Sarah got flagged in imigration in Houston, which made it quite stressful as our connect flight was only 1.5 hours. I had liguids in my carry on as I bought duty free in London. So I had to check the carry on or lose the booze. Take a guess which way that went. :D

That held us up even more. So Colin and I are running through the airport. Sarah's somewhere in immigration and we get to the gate to find it's been changed, to the other side of the airport. Colin and I turn around and start back the other way.

Sarah comes scooting by us in a courtesy cart. Luckily I flag her down and we hop on. 2 hours later we're in NO :D .
Gotta love international flying. Everytime we fly back in from Canada, Denise always gets hung up at immigration.
JerryFish wrote:But the booze isn't...... :cry: :cry: :cry: Go figure....
I don't think you'll miss it in south Louisiana. 8)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

melindam

Post by melindam »

We'll have to make sure your compensated for your troubles. I think everyone should buy Jerry a drink at the reunion! :wink:

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

melindam wrote:We'll have to make sure your compensated for your troubles. I think everyone should buy Jerry a drink at the reunion! :wink:
Absolutely!! 8) Although, it's an open bar right? So we'll have to buy him a drink afterwards.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Bless you Jerry - you deserve several drinks for that adventure. Since we can't buy you one at the reunion, we will buy you one wherever we go afterwards!
Brenda

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Well the good thing is, is that I now have a $160 picture of Colin at Tiger Stadium. Didn't see the game but got in to take the picture before the rain swept us away. I'm going to frame it along with the tickets to let Colin "remember" his first LSU game, or better word experience.

We did have a great day at Global Wildlife Park yesterday and had some awesome po-boys thanks to Madonna. :D
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

We did have a great day at Global Wildlife Park yesterday and had some awesome po-boys thanks to Madonna. :D[/quote]

Did you go to the gift shop? James' mom works there part time. She retired from Bellsouth after 30 years and took a little fun job there to occupy her since she is still pretty young. I will have to ask her if she was working yesterday.
Brenda

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Here is the $160 picture and one from Global Wildlife.
Attachments
LSU game 016.jpg
Global Wildlife
Global Wildlife
Sad day for Colin
Sad day for Colin
Last edited by JerryFish on Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Great pictures - poor Colin!
Brenda

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

I didn't miss a single play of a home game the 4 years I was at LSU...and unfortunately, there were serveral of those type games...but hey, the tarheels have better weather, but their football team stinks!

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Jerry - Colin is adorable! Great pictures! Definetly e-mail me one and I will have Jay enlarge it! We will frame it and hang it up in the resteraunt.

Madonna

Tonya

Post by Tonya »

I think Glenn and the kids were at that same LSU game.
Tonya