Ada Brinsko Marion

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Adabrinskomarion

Ada Brinsko Marion

Post by Adabrinskomarion »

After graduation I went to USL and had a great time. Upon graduation from there I worked as a flight attendant for United Airlines . I was stationed in Washington DC where I lived with my brother Travis Brinsko (he is a CPA for those of you who know him). We had quite a crew of people from Lafayette who moved up there and had a few years of fun. My college boyfriend moved up there and we eventually got married. He was in heaven when we lived there because he is an avid sailor. We eventually moved back to Mandeville and I went to graduate school at Tulane and recieved my masters in social work. I currently work part time as a social worker in the St Tammany Parish schools. I have two kids a girl 8 and a boy 6. They are of course awesome. My family does a lot of camping and boating. Both my kids can water ski and I do a lot of wakeboarding. My husband and I have been married for 13 years but dated for 5 years. We will be at the reunion.

Angie

Post by Angie »

Hi Ada...thanks for the update! You sound really good. I got my Masters in SW at Tulane also...what year were you? I was Dec 91. Dan and I have also been married 13 years...although we did not meet while he was still in college....he went to USM and he was 100% frat boy and WILD...I always tell him I never would have dated him then....(hee hee).....so fate had it for us to meet later and I hit the jackpot...he is the best!
Angela Eddy Feemster

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Hey Ada, it's so nice to see an update from you. Sounds like you are doing great. Look forward to seeing you at the reunion. :)

shane

Post by shane »

Good to hear from you, Ada. And glad you'll be at the reunion.

Angie, Melissa says the same thing about me. If she knew me when... then she rolls her eyes, shakes her head and changes the subject.

Shane

Angie

Post by Angie »

Shane - do you still have all your frat t-shirts? Here Dan is 20 yrs later and he still has them..some of them...he is slowly letting them go....taking them out of his closet, that is (not that he wears them anymore)...I am a packrat and like to save things like that anyway....I am OK with the frat album, too...all the sweaty, drunk toga pics and "little sisters"....we would never have "clicked" then.
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

I toyed with the idea of a frat my first year at USL, but was having far too much fun without them; I couldn't find the time to fit them in... :twisted:

No, I think running with the people I did, high school (you know who you are), college (more of the same), then 3 years at Friends on the Tchefunte was plenty and thoroughly shocked her the first time she heard the stories (and she'll tell you she's heard them waaayy too much). I used to wonder what I'd be doing if she hadn't come along when she did; I'd probably be an alcoholic fry cook somewhere.

Shane

Adabrinskomarion

Post by Adabrinskomarion »

Angie, What I did with my old sorority shirt and my husbands fraternity shirts was have a quilt made out of them. The shirts are memories and you hate to part with them. We now have these great blankets we use on picnics, camping etc. Our kids think they are fun to look at. Ada

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

I have to hide my old t-shirts (not frat, but concert). Denise will throw them out if I'm not careful. When they get old and/or worn, I'll tear the sleeves off, and use them as 'around the house' shirts, but she says they're too tacky for even around the house. :lol: She even threw out about 100 Mardi Gras cups (who doesn't have a cabinet full of those? ) after we first got married. She's Canadian, so I couldn't get too mad about the cups. :P

I didn't do the frat thing either. Lived in the dorms my first year at LSU, but when I went back to school after the Navy, I lived in an off campus apartment with three other guys....well, it was the four of us who paid rent, but rarely was it just the four of us there. Typical college apartment. Drunk people passed out, pizza boxes and beer cans all over the place. We even took the shelves our of our fridge so we could keep a party ball or pony keg in there all the time. :evil:
Last edited by jnichel on Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

Party Ball?! Do they make those anymore? I remember those.
Angela Eddy Feemster

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

John, you have the perfect life experience to work at www.kegworks.com, don't you? I remember those dorms at LSU, I never lived in one, but one time I went to visit my buddy in Kirby Hall and I opened the elevator on the 8th floor, and some insane/(do I need to say drunk?) coonass was driving golfballs down the hall. I gotta admit it was pretty funny watching all the freshmen scatter diving into rooms and stuff...Golfballs bouncing all over those cinderblock walls, off doorjambs, etc...

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

JonBarton wrote:John, you have the perfect life experience to work at www.kegworks.com, don't you? I remember those dorms at LSU, I never lived in one, but one time I went to visit my buddy in Kirby Hall and I opened the elevator on the 8th floor, and some insane/(do I need to say drunk?) coonass was driving golfballs down the hall. I gotta admit it was pretty funny watching all the freshmen scatter diving into rooms and stuff...Golfballs bouncing all over those cinderblock walls, off doorjambs, etc...
Damn, the year I did stay in the dorms, I was at Kirby Smith on the 8th floor. First room on the right after passing the kitchen.

I have to let experience carry me here these days (being an ex-squid helps with the drinking stuff too), as I very rarely drink these days. I had a beer Friday, but the last time before that was the three beers I had on New Years Eve. :shock:
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Moderation is a good thing.

phil

Post by phil »

JonBarton wrote:Moderation is a good thing.
It's just that some of us have very large moderations. :twisted:
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Robin

Post by Robin »

Moderation, Jon? Did you read the part where he said 4 beers in a year? I'd say that's closer to abstinence! OK, Nichel, so what's your vice. Everybody's got at least one!

Robin

Post by Robin »

Robin wrote:
Moderation, Jon? Did you read the part where he said 4 beers in a year? I'd say that's closer to abstinence! OK, Nichel, so what's your vice. Everybody's got at least one!
Scratch that question. Perhaps we shouldn't go there. :roll: