Phil Dyer

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Angie - Never went to the ditch either - I probably should have considering who I dated!

Speaking of the ditch, here is one for you. I think it was in the 1984 yearbook - I got it from the yearbook staff.
Attachments
I think that is one of the Bass brothers, Jamie Fitzpatrick, Gary Nordgren, Todd Smith.  Don't know who is next to Bass and who is that peekign around Gary?
I think that is one of the Bass brothers, Jamie Fitzpatrick, Gary Nordgren, Todd Smith. Don't know who is next to Bass and who is that peekign around Gary?
Brenda

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Great pic, Brenda!!
Phil, love your new Avatar!! It's hysterical!

Sheila Hueschen Rawls

Post by Sheila Hueschen Rawls »

Phil,

We didn't hang out together, but I do remember seeing you around school. I am laughing so hard about your french quarter field trip and about describing the "ditch crew"-heads, preps, and jocks. I never ventured out to the ditch either. What were ya'll doing out there?...illegal drugs, face painting or maybe knuckle tatooing..skin heads? Didn't some people have that on their knuckles or was that just a dream? I believe it would be a good idea to take our 20th reunion pic out by the "ditch" just to show that we are all past that now. We are all one! No heads, no preps, no jocks!!!!!!

Sheila

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Brenda, I think that's Mitchell Terrell, with Kendall Mathies behind him. I don't recognize the guy behind Gary either!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Julie Mathies wrote:Brenda, I think that's Mitchell Terrell, with Kendall Mathies behind him. I don't recognize the guy behind Gary either!
You are right Julie - Good job! Now any takes on the mystery guy behind Gary?
Brenda

phil

Post by phil »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:
Julie Mathies wrote:Brenda, I think that's Mitchell Terrell, with Kendall Mathies behind him. I don't recognize the guy behind Gary either!
I think the real question is: what the hell is he holding??
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

phil wrote:
Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:
I think the real question is: what the hell is he holding??
Some questions are better left un-answered. :P
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

I'm voting for a frog.
Jan Illenberger

phil

Post by phil »

illenbergerj wrote:I'm voting for a frog.
Then probably a very unhappy frog. :?
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Maybe that's where the frogs came from that we disected in Biology class.......

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

I am thinking that it is a frog. Todd has told me MANY ditch stories!Ha Ha. He is asleep right now(Some people actually do sleep), so I will show him this in the a.m. and he will clear this up! I can't beleive as much as I am on here that this was missed. I am as much into this as he is and I didn't even go to Covington. Nicole

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

tlsmith wrote:I am thinking that it is a frog. Todd has told me MANY ditch stories!Ha Ha. He is asleep right now(Some people actually do sleep), so I will show him this in the a.m. and he will clear this up! I can't beleive as much as I am on here that this was missed. I am as much into this as he is and I didn't even go to Covington. Nicole
Nicole - please have Todd clear up the mystery for us! Please also see if he knows who that guy is behind Gary. Seems to me you would have fit right in with us if you would have been there! Look forward to meeting you.
Brenda

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

Actually, Todd was looking for this picture. He kept telling me about a picture of him at the ditch that was in the yearbook, so this must be it. I will definately get him to let me know in the morning before he goes to work. I really wish that we could make the party on Sat., but his work does not allow for much fun stuff. Maybe we can make the picnic, as that will be easy to leave if he gets called out.

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

OK, I'm going to solve the mystery. IT'S A FISH. I don't remember the picture being taken but I was holding a fish that I cought with a home made fishing pole( just a pencil, fishing line and hook) Mr.Naquin blackmailed me into catching fish for his pond at home. He got his fish and I didn't get sent home for dipping. I caught fish by the ditch @ lunch with leftover fries from lunch. (To bad I didn't find out I have ADHD until I was 35 years old) I could have used the time for other things but nothing seemed as fun as catching fish in front of school. Almost felt like you were getting away with a little more. SPECTATOR LIST; Jamie, Gary,Francis, Mitchel, and Patric Hunt. Patric was the only one you didn't get. GREAT MEMORY RETENTION.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry you guys were not able to attend.
Brenda