Phil Dyer

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

phil

Phil Dyer

Post by phil »

I was one of the "ditch crew" at CHS. AKA, the heads. That's so funny thinking back on that. All the clicks. Heads, preps, jocks.

We were always giving Mr. Marse (Mickey!) a hard time. I got suspended two weeks right before graduation for getting drunk in NO on a Spanish club field trip. A couple of us stayed behind at a restaurant drinking, and we actually missed the bus to take us back to Covington. Mr. Marse had to drive over to the quarter and pick us up. I spent graduation day thanking all the teachers for not failing me, because I couldn't make up the work, and I think I even missed some finals. Damn, that was funny.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Angie

LOL

Post by Angie »

Phil - I am cracking up about that last post you made about Mr. Marse having to go pick you drunks up in the Quarter.....I can't stop laughing....he must have been ticked....You know, I never went to the ditch....not even to just check it out...Angie

phil

Post by phil »

Oh, man. It was me, Dan Lanneau, and I can't remember who the other person was. Dan brought a gallon of screwdrivers in a backpack and we were lit before we got off the bus. Everytime the group would go in somewhere like a museum or something, we'd hang out in the back of the line and after Mrs. Rose the spanish teacher would go in, we'd take off and go to the Takee Outee for a beer. Then we'd hide around the corner from the museum, and wait for the group to come out and just slip back in with the group.

When Marse picked us up, Dan ended up passing out in the front seat with him. Marse was fuming. I still laugh about that day all the time.

phil

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

M.I.C. See you in the Office

K.E.Y. Why???? Cause you was tardy.....

M.A.R.S.E.

MICKEY MARSE>>>>>>>>

Robin

Post by Robin »

phil wrote:Oh, man. It was me, Dan Lanneau, and I can't remember who the other person was. Dan brought a gallon of screwdrivers in a backpack and we were lit before we got off the bus. Everytime the group would go in somewhere like a museum or something, we'd hang out in the back of the line and after Mrs. Rose the spanish teacher would go in, we'd take off and go to the Takee Outee for a beer. Then we'd hide around the corner from the museum, and wait for the group to come out and just slip back in with the group.

When Marse picked us up, Dan ended up passing out in the front seat with him. Marse was fuming. I still laugh about that day all the time.
That is TOO funny. Where is Dan, anyway? I'm wondering why I don't remember this field trip. But I don't know why it's so perplexing b/c I do remember that Spanish was right after lunch, i.e. the ditch. Ang, I can't believe you were never there!

phil

Post by phil »

Robin wrote: That is TOO funny. Where is Dan, anyway? I'm wondering why I don't remember this field trip. But I don't know why it's so perplexing b/c I do remember that Spanish was right after lunch, i.e. the ditch. Ang, I can't believe you were never there!
He's in Tampa. I asked him a week or so ago if he was going to make the reunion, but it didn't look good for him.

phil

Robin

Post by Robin »

Get him on here, Phil. I bet we can do some convincing. If Dan is still a fraction of as fun and crazy as he used to be - he'll be here - and feelin' the love!

Angie

Post by Angie »

Rob - I know....can you believe I never went to "the ditch"? I hung out with ditch people outside of school....I must have wanted to portray that sweet, innocent, goody 2 shoes Ang at school, huh? Did it work?
Angela Eddy Feemster

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Would that make you a closet ditch person then? ;)

Angie

Post by Angie »

Hmmmm....probably. I think the ditch people should revisit the ditch one day and get a picture taken.....
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

Angie wrote:Hmmmm....probably. I think the ditch people should revisit the ditch one day and get a picture taken.....
We could sneak over there early in the day on the 28th

Speaking of Mr Lanneau, today's his birthday.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Robin

Post by Robin »

Happy Birthday to Dan!! Phil, seriously. I can't believe he wouldn't want to be in on this. Did he grow up THAT much?! :lol: Get him here!

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Phil, you may have been one of the ditch crew, and considered yourself a head, but I remember Phil, the Drum Major at WPJH. I distinctly remember having a crush on you and checking you out from the sidelines when I was a cheerleader. Guess after 20 years we can own up to those secret crushes!! Bet you never knew.......

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Julie Mathies wrote: Guess after 20 years we can own up to those secret crushes!! Bet you never knew.......
I'll take the fifth on that one............ :wink:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

shane

Post by shane »

JerryFish wrote:
Julie Mathies wrote: Guess after 20 years we can own up to those secret crushes!! Bet you never knew.......
I'll take the fifth on that one............ :wink:
Oh, Jerry. We should just be honest with everyone; they'll understand. :oops:
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward