Charlotte

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Jerry....I'm still on the fence...guess I should make up my mind pretty quickly...it's just a couple weeks away.... I just hate making that flight...especially these days with all the added security...a pain in the butt.

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I know about the flight and we have ten days to spend, which helps get over jetlag. It'll be tough but try and keep the same rythm. I've flown in for weekends to go to LSU games before. allthough I stayed a little longer.

Would Love to see you there, but if not, feel free to jump over to England and we can hang out here.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

illenbergerj wrote:Hey Charlotte. I remember the name, but can't place the face. I think we're going to need to post pics of us in high school for alot of us to remember.

I think I agree with John about posting a picture from highschool, I hate to say it but some of us have changed enough that we look nothing like we did in high school...the names we remember, but the faces....ehhhh....me thinks the memory isn't as good as we'd like to think. I've seen some of the pictures and I know the name, but I look at the picture and think I wouldn't be able to pick them out in a crowd if I had to. Psersonally I don't think I look anything like I did in high school. See if anyone remembers this occasion...
Hi Jan! I remember you. And I agree about knowing the name but not exactly remembering the face. Having Jerry post the yearbook pictures (Thanks Jerry) has really helped...then when you see their current photos you look at some and they haven't changed a bit. Others have changed alot! I'm definately in the changed ALOT category...I have approached people we went to school with and they give me a weird look like "Do I know you"...

Jan, I think you look great and I would recognize you in a crowd. Can't wait to see you! So glad you are coming (saw on another post you will be here)!!! Awesome!
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Sheila Hueschen Rawls

Charlie

Post by Sheila Hueschen Rawls »

Hey Charlie,

If I wouldn't have seen you at Franco's, we probably wouldn't have crossed paths. I do remember you playing volleyball,now that you mention it (with Roxanne, right?) Has anybody heard from her? I saw her at the boat fest. in Madisonville about 4-5 years ago. Oh yea?! I remember that party at Darrin Fisher's house. Just a clip...Brenda and me with our bottle of Rum and icees out by the back of somebody's tailgate. Maybe, just maybe Kristy Fisher was with us. That's it!!!

I can't believe you have a daughter that is married. That is a gorgeous picture of both of you!!!

See ya' Sat.!!
Sheila

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Charlotte - yes I remember the party at Darren's quite vividly! See below.

Sheila - Boy do I remember that one! I got there a little late because I had to work so I figured I needed to catch up with everyone on the drinking. And yes it was Rum. I drank wayyy too much in about 1 1/2 hours. Was kissing this guy (won't mention names :roll: ) (by someone's tailgate) and the whole world started to spin. Had to throw up behind someone elses' truck. Yes, Kristy was right there by us because you both walked me up to Kristy's room to put my drunk ass to bed. I don't know if I lasted 2 hours at that party! Boy was I an idot to do that!

How can I remember all this stuff from 20 + years ago and I can't remember where I put something yesterday? :?
Brenda

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Hey Sheila & Brenda!

I remember the Jungle Juice was absolutely kickin'! My favorite part was the fruit in the bottom, especially the oranges and cherries. You didn't need any other alcohol - just suck on the fruit!! LOL!
There was a guy there that night (no names mentioned) that was pretty well lit. He desperately needed a ride home so I said I would bring him. I was wearing a pair of yellow jeans and a white and yellow top...on the way to his house he grabbed the steering wheel trying to help me drive (so he said). we swirved and grazed a ditch - I had a cup of Jungle Juice in my lap and lets just say I didn't wear it well on my yellow pants. So I had to go home instead of going back to the party...that's how my night ended.

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

How did we survive to almost forty??????? :?:
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Charlotte Massey Maggard

My opinion...the alcohol fermented us!

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Only through sheer luck and by the grace of God did we survive. I know I pushed my luck way too many times.
Jan Illenberger

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

JerryFish wrote:How did we survive to almost forty??????? :?:
Almost 40? Damn, you're old. :P
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Well 39 next friday. Nobody said that when I was buying them beer in highschool though..... :D
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

JerryFish wrote:Well 39 next friday. Nobody said that when I was buying them beer in highschool though..... :D
Man, you are old. I won't even be 38 until November 11th. :lol:

I just had to go down to Eddie's to buy beer....they figured I was just picking it up for my dad. :twisted:
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I had to do a rerun of 3rd grade as my one year experience at St. Peter's didn't turn out too well, and my parents held me back. Went to Madisonville after that. But it was cool being of drinking age through most of my senior year. No more fake I.D's....
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

With where my birthday falls, I was always a bit younger than most of the people in our class. I was still 17 when we graduated. Sucked that I couldn't even get my driver's license until 10th grade.
-- Basil Fawlty

lisa_m90

Post by lisa_m90 »

Charlotte,

After seeing you, I certainly remember you being on the volleyball team in the 10th grade. For some reason I remember you chewing bubble gum a lot. Your hair color was a bit darker then as well. I don't remember you being as out going as you were at the reunion event but who knows what we all did back then. LOL!

It was great seeing you again and I tell Chiquita, Coretta and Shirley I saw you.