Jan Illenberger

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Don't remember the mall hair style - perhaps it never made it here. I do remember that for a while, my hair got even bigger (can you believe that was possible??) in the late 80's/early 90's when all that really big hair was in style. So glad that is gone!
Brenda

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Mall hair as it was called up in Colorado at the time, was just when the girls would pull their bangs straight up and hair spray them like that, so they would have four or more inches of straight hair, with a curl at the top! Pretty freaky! Not sure why it was ever in style.
Jan Illenberger

Angie

Post by Angie »

oh - those were the girls at SLU I noticed who would run across campus in the pouring rain trying to get to class and they could care less about how wet they got but as long as they had both hands covering their "poof"/bangs/mall hair they were fine. Looked a bit ridiculous running like that.....
Angela Eddy Feemster

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Angie, if you saw them at SLU, I would have to guess they were probably sorority girls....ha ha!! BIG bangs were the thing then.....I tried to have big hair by getting lots of perms and using lots of Aussie Sprunch spray......but, my big bangs would never last. I agree....glad those days are GONE!

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Julie Mathies wrote:Aussie Sprunch spray!
I should have owned stock in that stuff!!!

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Tiffany, remember the Aussie hair spray?? It smelled terrible, and if you sprayed it in front of a lighter, it was like a huge fire torch!! I'm surprised we never had a fire in the dorm.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Well girls with my type of hair - I could do the big bangs and did, but they weren't straight. I keep asking myself why?? :? Didn't realize quite how big my hair was till I saw some old pictures of myself :shock: :oops:

I used this stuff called Avec that I got from Sally's Beauty Supply. I just called it my hair glue - once you sprayed that in, you hair wasn't going anywhere! and I couldn't get near a fire or I was going up in flames!

Thankfully that phase is LONG gone.
Brenda

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Thankfully that phase is LONG gone.
Oh, I know what you mean. I can't remember the last time I used hairspray, I don't even think I own any.

phil

Post by phil »

Tiffany wrote:
Oh, I know what you mean. I can't remember the last time I used hairspray, I don't even think I own any.
Thank goodness most guys today can say the same thing. Looking back, the 80's were even worse than the 70's for style. :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

phil

Post by phil »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote: I used this stuff called Avec that I got from Sally's Beauty Supply. I just called it my hair glue - once you sprayed that in, you hair wasn't going anywhere! and I couldn't get near a fire or I was going up in flames!

There was a point in the 90's when I had really long hair. I ended up shaving a mohawk in it for a while. It was so long I couldn't find anything that could stand it up. Coulda used the Avec glue back then. Of course, there was always gorilla glue, too.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Angie

Post by Angie »

my friend in NJ sells Gorilla Glue.
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

oh! I get it! The sad faces are because you have no hair to put glue in!! Took me 2 days to figure that out....I am a blonde. Oops! There I go talking about hair again.
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:oh! I get it! The sad faces are because you have no hair to put glue in!! Took me 2 days to figure that out....I am a blonde. Oops! There I go talking about hair again.
Some of us have gotten older than we should. You bring the glue, and those of us who have it can donate back hair, and we'll fix Jerry right up. :twisted: :lol:
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Can I be a blond?????
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers