Shondi Harp Mulkey

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Shondiharpmulkey

Shondi Harp Mulkey

Post by Shondiharpmulkey »

Hi guys,

Very excited to finally get onto the site. My husband's assistant has been telling me for weeks to check it out and I finally got the chance-great, fun memories came flooding back in.

I have been fortunate to see alot of you guys over the years in town, but have thought about many of you and wondered what happened to all those I haven't seen in all these years (my gosh, has it really been 20 years?)

Here's a little of what happened to me since those wonderful days back in 1986:
As many of you know, I married Scott Mulkey (class of '84) in June of 1988. We soon transferred to Oklahoma with his job and I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with an Accounting Degree in 1991. We missed family and friends so we moved back here that year. Went to work as the Director of Administration for an Accounting Firm for 7 1/2 years and really loved the work. Unforuntately, was not as enamored with the long hours during tax season or the commute across the bridge. Wasn't a great thing for my family. Scott and I were blessed with a beautiful baby girl, Darbi, in October of 1994 and I knew I had to make a change to be home more. So, in August 1999 I bought a franchise called Kinderdance. It is a wonderful company that offers dance and gym programs to children in daycares and preschools. I bought the rights to St. Tammany Parish and Metairie. As a matter of fact, my teachers and I have had the pleasure of teaching several of our classmates children over the last 7 years. Would have never pegged myself as one to work with 1-5 year children, but I have found out I really like it and find it so rewarding to see the growth of the childrens' skills and personalities from September to May. While I personally have stepped out of teaching on a daily basis, leaving that to my employees, it is still such a pleasure to put these little people on stage every May and see the pride they exhibit as they show their parents what they have learned.
While this change in my life was definately not what I expected when I graduated from high school, the biggest surprise was yet to come. Scott and I decided in June 1997 that we were ready to add to our family. However, just a month later we had the unfortunate experience of our
1-year old house catching on fire. After we overcame that small obstacle, we proceeded with our plan of adding to our family. After 4 years of infertility and many shots, drugs, and charts, we finally achieved our goal of adding to our family. What is that saying "be careful what you ask for??" Well we obviously asked for alot as God blessed us in May 2002 with a beautiful set of TRIPLETS. Two girls, Delaney and Devyn and one boy, Dawson. Needless to say, life has been very crazy, hectic, fun, rewarding and at times overwhelming for Scott and I.

Today, we have been married 18 years and our oldest, Darbi just had her 12th birthday. She is in 6th grade at Christ Episcopal School. The triplets just started pre-k there this year. In a strange twist of events, in February of this year, I got a phone call from the woman who owned the accounting firm I used to work for. She wanted me to buy the firm as she had gone back to nursing school. After much prayer, Scott and I decided that since the triplets were now in school full time and the work could be done around my other committments, we went ahead and bought the farm. I guess you're getting the idea that we like stress around here : :)

I was unsure due to Darbi's sports schedule if we would be able to make the reunion but things worked out and we are so excited that we will be there Saturday. Can't make Friday as she has a final softball tournament game.

Can't wait to see everyone. Have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts about their families, lives, and memories.

See everyone soon.

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Hi Shondi! Welcome to the board.
WOW...alot has happened for you and Scott in the past 20 years. Congrats on the 2 businesses and what - TRIPLETS?!?! You are right, be very careful what you ask for, but what a true blessing. Also, congrats on being with Scott for 18 years. I remember when you 2 started dating in High School. Great to hear you are both coming to the reunion - absolutely can't wait to see you and everyone! :wink:
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Shondi - glad you made it to the sight. Congrats on the new business, or two businesses I should say. With triplets and Darby, don't know how you do it. I am hanging on by a thread keeping up with my three. Hat's off to you. I always knew you would do well.

Be careful what you asked for - you are right - but what a blessing and wonderful family you have.

Glad you can make it to the reunion and look forward to seeing you and Scott.
Brenda

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Way too cool Shondi, but what do you expect from someone as amazing as you and Scott.....Fantastic...Looking forward to seeing you guys..... :D
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Shondi it is so good to see you here!! I remember working at Zack's with you for a while, do you remember that? I bet that place isn't even there anymore. :) My daughter was in kinderdance for two years at her daycare until she started kindergarten this year. She is now cheering for Upward Basketball and doing gymnastics. You sound like you really have your hands full these days. I can't wait to see you at the runion!

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

SHONDI, I got email from Ann that she was pursuing nursing. I didn't know you bought her firm! I assume that's Ann you're talking about, right? I'd love to come work with you again, but not sure Medtron will let me go this time!! Of course, they may kick me out the door if they find out how much time I spend on this site! haha

Sweet Lou

Post by Sweet Lou »

Welcome Shondi!

I can't wait to see you and Scott at the Reunion. Wow! 3 3-year olds at once! I know you never stop!

Shondiharpmulkey

Pictures of the kids

Okay, I am going to try to download some pics of the kids-not really adept at this stuff and Scott's out of town so I will give it a try.[/img]
Attachments
Delaney is the baby of the bunch.  Weighed just 3 lbs when born but has been the one to surprise us the most-loves to play soccer and anything else big sister does
Delaney is the baby of the bunch. Weighed just 3 lbs when born but has been the one to surprise us the most-loves to play soccer and anything else big sister does
This is Darbi-just turned 12.  Loves softball, basketball, volleyball & soccer.  Just discovering the boys-God help us.
This is Darbi-just turned 12. Loves softball, basketball, volleyball & soccer. Just discovering the boys-God help us.
Here's the only boy-at least Scott got one out of the mix!
Here's the only boy-at least Scott got one out of the mix!
This is Devyn-triplet #2.  Shes the boss!!!
This is Devyn-triplet #2. Shes the boss!!!

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Beautiful children Shondi. :)
Jan Illenberger

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

All beautiful. Love the pictures. Your little boy looks like Scott.
Brenda

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

They are beautiful Shondi!

Tonia Delhommer Taylor

Post by Tonia Delhommer Taylor »

Shondi, hey the children are absolutely beautiful. I am glad you have been able to get onto the site. We do get to see you and Scott from time to time in passing. Congratulations on the business purchase and I wish you the best of luck. Sam and I can't wait to see the both of you and maybe we can talk more than what we have been able to on Saturday. Are you going to the picnic on Sunday? Samantha, my oldest, plays softball also. She actually plays for FHS now. She is really excited. Tell Darbi that I said the best of luck with her games. We truly enjoy going to the games and chearing Samantha and the team on.

Talk to you soon and I miss you!

Tonia

Shondiharpmulkey

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It is really great to hear from everyone.
This sight is great. My house is a wreck, I have tons of work to do, Scott's out of town and kids won't stay in bed but yet I sit here reading all these posts.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Shondiharpmulkey wrote:This sight is great. My house is a wreck, I have tons of work to do, Scott's out of town and kids won't stay in bed but yet I sit here reading all these posts.
Tell me about it girl! I told you it was addicting! Look at what time I am on here because I haven't had a chance to get on it all day! Had to get my fix. My dark circles under the eyes will look real attractive at the reunion!
Brenda

Tonya

Post by Tonya »

This site is addictive. I think that's why I didn't really start checking it out until this week. I'm up waiting to move clothes to the dryer and trying to convince the kids that they really need to go to bed. It is 12:15 after all. We got home late tonight after going to eat when the oldest got through with his baseball game.

Shondi, Madeline had a lot of fun tonight playing with the kids at Pelican Park. She was excited when I told her they would be at the park on Sunday.

Tonya (Otis) Booksh