Remember me!!!

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Stacey Smith

Remember me!!!

Post by Stacey Smith »

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone remembers me, Stacey Smith. I was on the basketball team for three years. I left Covington in 1989 and moved to California. Finally finished college out here and now am a stay-at-home mom. I married a great guy from Holland and have been married for 10 years. We have two daughters Madison (4) and Mackenzie (1).
I thought I was going to be able to make it to the reunion but now can't.

Thought I would have a chance to write more, but my daughter is waking up from her nap.

Great site. Nice to read what everyone's been up the past years.
Attachments
Girls
Girls
Steves Birthday Sea Ranch 030.jpg

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

I remember you. Don't think we ever hung around or had classes together, but I do remember you. It's wierd, I have trouble remembering individual people, but I can picture groups of people together like I just saw y'all yesterday. 'Course, my memory could be all wrong, but I remember you, Jodi Thompson, and Jonell always together....usually at one of the tables in front of the school.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

fwaites

Remember me? Class of 85

Post by fwaites »

I grew up here and had several cousins at CHS, Julie, Leslie, Scott T., Dione, I wasnt the in crowd , but I married my high school sweetheart and still married 20 years!! We have a beautiful daughter who is a Senior at CHS this year, She was recently on the Homecoming Court, want to feel old go to that kind of stuff, went to the pep rally forgot how loud that could be, but all worth It. Trying to decide to get off the fence and come to the reunion, since no one else wants to start the trend. This site is unbelieveable. Great job.

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Stacey....welcome to the site!! You look wonderful, and you have a beautiful family. Keep reading through the site...you'll be addicted just like the rest of us.

Faith, maybe if you get the 85ers started, the rest will follow! Come on, come to the reunion.

dennis

hey stacey

Post by dennis »

dennis here ..seems to me we can't stay out of each others life all the way from Bridgedale to 20 years after high school nice to hear from you the family is beautiful tell your Dad I said hi I don't see him much anymore since Schwings. Let me Know how he is doing please. keep posting dennis

Jennifer Boesch Stanley

Post by Jennifer Boesch Stanley »

Hey Stacey, We go way back, all the way to Folsom Elementary. I'm so glad you are doing well, your daughters are beautiful. Where in California are you? How is your mom and brother? Are they also in California? I have lots of memories of hanging out with you, Jodi and Amy. Such a long time ago. I'm sorry you can't make it to the reunion.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey Stacey - welcome to the site! You look great and you have a lovely family! Used to see your dad at Schwings - hadn't run into him in a while. Is he still in Covington? How is you mom and Steven? I hope well.

Sorry to hear you can't make it to the reunion. Would like to have seen you and caught up.

Sheila just registered today and posted for the first time. Keep checking out the site - it is awesome. Warning - it will take you hours!
Brenda

JonellBadon

Reply to Stacey Smith

Post by JonellBadon »

Hey Stacey! God it's been a long time, how have you been? You have hardly changed at all! Your family is beautiful... Are you coming to the reunion? I can't believe how everyone has changed, if it weren't for some of the pictures, I would not recognize most of our graduating class. So you are still in California, huh? I am still living in Madisonville, still working for the same law firm (20 years now), still married to Fred Badon (my nutty fun husband) and I have two boys, Hunter (almost 15) and Morgan (12 y.o.). Chat back if you get a chance.

Jonell (Bennett) Badon
Jonell Bennett Badon

Stacey Smith

hi

Post by Stacey Smith »

Hi all,

For those who were asking about my family.....
It has been a long time since I was in Covington. I use to visit about every two years but now my Dad just comes out here to see us. My dad still lives down there. My mom moved to Virginia about 5 years ago. She is trying to sell her place out there to move back to California.
Steven is still living out here. He is married and has a 9 month old baby girl.

I won't be making it to the reunion, so I'm glad this website is here so we can all catch up.

I still chat with Amy Cazaubon for those of you who remember her.

Seems like a lifetime ago that I lived in Folsom, but I remember it like yesterday.

JonellBadon

Reply to Stacey

Post by JonellBadon »

Hey Stacey, sorry to hear you won't make it to the reunion. As soon as I saw that you posted on the website, my first memory of you was when a crew of us stayed at your house and we took off in your mom's car and ran in the ditch or something and you got mad and threw the keys in the woods, do you remember that? Then we had to go looking for the keys in the woods. It is really funny now, but back then we were like OH SHIT!

Jonell
Jonell Bennett Badon

shallymeister

Post by shallymeister »

Hey Stacey, I remember you!
Troy Shally
Pensacola, FL

Stacey Smith

Post by Stacey Smith »

I remember all of you. Brings back great memories.

I just read your post Jonell. LOL I do remember that. I think I had just gotten my license and told my dad we were going to the store down the road and went driving by some boys house. I think it was me, you, Jodi and Kim Sharp. Is that correct?

JonellBadon

Reply to Stacey

Post by JonellBadon »

I think you are right, that was sooo funny. My boys are to the ages that I tell them these stories and they just laugh, (knowing they are fixing to create stories of their own!). My son Hunter is going to get his driver's permit in December, so, I have been letting him drive my Denali all over Madisonville and he is just so funny, he looks to little to be behind a wheel... Both of my boys have been driving around our property for years, hooking up the boat, etc. so it seems so strange to me that he is really going to be on the road! All I can say is watch out people! Nah, just kidding, he is an excellent driver, but what scares me is 3 of my carpool crew (Archbishop Hannan High) want to catch a ride to school with him when he gets his license next year and that is soooo scary...

Jonell
Jonell Bennett Badon

Stacey Smith

Post by Stacey Smith »

I still have a ways to go, my oldest is only 4.
When I think back at all the STUPID things we did, I hope she is nothing like me :)
Hopefully, your boys are more responsible than we were.
I can't believe you have one almost a senior. I guess I'm starting late :)

JonellBadon

Reply to Stacey

Post by JonellBadon »

Me & Fred wanted children right away so that we could grow up with them, I believe I was 23 when I had Hunter. Anyway, they are so much fun, actually I live with 3 boys (Fred being the biggest kid). As you know me being the religious kid growing up, it wasn't too much fun around my house, so I am making up for it now with my children, we do anything and everything, play every sport, and go everywhere they want to go. My father is not doing well at all, he has Parkinson's disease and is basically paralyzed, so me and my mom have gotten a little closer because of his illness, I still cry every time I hear that song "Dance with My Father Again"! God, I hate that song...

Jonell
Jonell Bennett Badon