Teri Marks-Brunner

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

teri

Teri Marks-Brunner

Post by teri »

Hello!

It has been quite a while, since CHS days! Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and spending time catching up with everyone at the reunion in the next few weeks!

Since CHS, I attended the Colorado Institute of Art in Advertising Design in Denver, CO, married briefly, divorced. Moved to LA, met (or was re-introduced) to my husband (Dave) of almost 14 years. My father taught Dave at St. Paul's many years before. Moved to Rochester, NY, (Eastman Kodak employment), BEGGED for a transfer back to the South. Landed in Atlanta, GA, just in time for the '96 Olympics. Have been here, since.

Dave and I have two children, two dogs. Darby (almost 6 years), is petite, sweet, shy, energetic and looks not a thing like me. Josh (2) is a big-for-his-age, rough and tumble 2-year old with a mischievous side and also looks not a thing like me. The pups are Menu and Gumbeaux.

Hope to post pictures of the little ones soon!

shane

Post by shane »

Hey, Prom Date! Glad you're here!

Shane

Connie

Post by Connie »

Teri,
My husband loves the photo of you, me and Cyndi at Mardi Gras!!! Dare I post it???? :wink:
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Please do Connie - I know we all want to see... :wink:
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey Teri - remember you. Welcome to the site. Are you coming to the reunion?
Brenda

teri

Post by teri »

Hey, Shane! Glad to be here!

K, Charlotte; you asked for it! Connie, post away! As long as I'm not doing anything embarrassing in the photo - and NO PHOTOSHOP-ing! I think I know the photo you are referring to. Dave will enjoy not letting me forget how *lovely* we look!

Brenda - remember you, too! We (hubby and I) are looking forward to being at the reunion. How are you?

teri

Post by teri »

Hi, Sean! Great to hear from you, too! Dave (Brunner)'s an SPS '82 grad. Will you be at the reunion?

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

I'm doing fine Teri. Thanks for asking. I posted a little blurb about me somewhere under General Chat, I think. I have been so many places on the site getting hard to rememeber. Glad to hear you are coming. How are doing?

Shondi Harp Mulkey has a girl named Darby too. (you may already know that) I believe she told me she named her that becuase she had jsut finished reading the Pelican Brief. Great name.

Look forward to seeing you.
Brenda

Tina Li

Post by Tina Li »

Hey, Teri-
Your little ones are precious! Are you going to make it? Would love to see you. And your husband - please say hello to him. I remember the days when my brother hung out with him A LOT. What is he up to these days? Mark is still with Liz. They have 1 daughter, Ellen, who's in 6th grade now in NYC. He's a neurosurgeon at Lehigh Valley Hospital in PA. I'm sure he'd be glad to reconnect with Dave as well. Hope to catch up with you soon!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Teri! My 'shield' from Ms. Mitchell's class. :lol: It never worked, but I always hoped that I could duck down low enough behind you in her class that she wouldn't see me, and call me to the board. :lol:
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

I remember being at that chalkboard in Ms. Mitchell's class for like a WHOLE hour once.....
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

Angie wrote:I remember being at that chalkboard in Ms. Mitchell's class for like a WHOLE hour once.....
I lived across the street from her for YEARS; she'd always call the cops on us. Thank God I never had her for a class.

The most interesting thing about living across the street from her was waking up Saturday or Sunday morning to see what was done to her yard the night before; honestly, I never did anything, but I know many who did... :twisted:

Shane

Angie

Post by Angie »

...and I bet she always thought it was YOU.....how did you avoid taking Ms. Mitchell's class, Shane??? I thought it was a right of passage for all of us? I feel sorry for her now.....having to go clean her yard every weekend because of all those delinquents.....and we thought we just had to put up with her...never knew it was the other way around, too.
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

Angie wrote:...and I bet she always thought it was YOU.....how did you avoid taking Ms. Mitchell's class, Shane??? I thought it was a right of passage for all of us? I feel sorry for her now.....having to go clean her yard every weekend because of all those delinquents.....and we thought we just had to put up with her...never knew it was the other way around, too.
I took Algebra I with Mr Ruffino and flunked it; other priorities. I was nasty to him as well. Then, I got him again when I re-took the class and I will sing that man's praises until the day I die. He looked me in the eye and told me he knew I knew algebra and that it would be a waste of my time to do the same work again. He took the time to give me Algebra II work in my Alg I class and believed in me so much that he sent me to the Literary Rally (where I was WAY over my head). But he saw something in me that I was ignoring myself. My whole outlook toward school changed after that and he probably saved me from getting any worse.

Shane

Angie

Post by Angie »

...and the stats say we were 49th in the nation for education....it's teachers like that that our kids need and I hope we find them wherever we live one day.
Angela Eddy Feemster