Jon Barton--20 years later.

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

JonBarton

Jon Barton--20 years later.

Post by JonBarton »

Rewind!!! After CHS, I Went to LSU and Graduated in 1990, then moved to Atlanta. Since my Mom moved to NC a few months before I graduated from CHS and my Dad in N.O. moved to Atlanta In '88, I unfortunately have only been to Covington only twice since 1990. I miss Covington and Baton Rouge a lot lately. Especially since Katrina. I met a guy in Atlanta the other day that had recently lived in Covington, and I told him I lived there before there was even a McDonalds there...He said that was a little hard to grasp.

Anyway, I got a BA in B.S.(LSU called it Psychology) (no offense Greg Harrison), interesting, but I just couldn't see me in that career field. 16 years later, I'm a Self-Employed Computer Network Engineer/Consultant, living just north of Atlanta, GA. (Roswell). The Lord has blessed me with a sweet, beautiful, wife named Jackie, and with 3 awesome boys, Jon-Jay(9), Calvin(5), and Grant (2). The four of them are my pride and joy. We homeschool the kids...Jackie as a teacher by nature and profession was exceptionally well prepared for this.

When I'm not being a Network Engineer, Husband, Dad, Homeowner, which leaves hardly any time left, I still pursue my life-long love of fishing, and I have refined it somewhat to mostly flyfishing. I miss dearly the bayous and swamps of SE La. but here in Georgia there are some great Trout streams, and my wonderful in-laws and my mom both live near some great Trout streams in the NC mountains. If you cared, I've gotten to fish the US west some, Colorado, Idaho, Yellowstone, and Alberta, Canada. I loved those places, and long for time and $ to go back soon.

Atlanta/North Georgia is a great place to raise a family. Atlanta is a bustling prosperous city, with lots of High Tech companies and opportunity. A great market for computer workers, and a 'slight' traffic problem...but I hear my beloved Covington has developed its own serious traffic problem, lately anyway. I love being an LSU Tiger, and here in Georgia, I feel like I am deep in enemy territory. I have gotten to go to several LSU SEC Championship and Bowl games here. Lot's of fun. As long as there are two LSU fans (and there always are), I never feel outnumbered.

looking forward to the Reunion. Assuming we do make it, wish Jackie and me a happy 11th Wedding anniversary.

ccoopermetz

hello stranger!

Post by ccoopermetz »

Jon...what a pleasant surprise to see you here! I hope you and your family will be able to come in for the reunion!!

Tina Li

Post by Tina Li »

Hey, Jon-
It's great to hear from you. I thought about you on our last visit to Covington when we drove through King's Forest and the others who lived there. Your boys are gorgeous! And they DO look like MiniJons!

Al Lehman

Hey Jo

Post by Al Lehman »

What's happening? Glad to see you're doing well. It's been a while, can't wait to see everybody and catch up!

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Al, good to hear from you and looking forward to seeing you again at the Reunion. You and I have something in common, we both moved right after HighSchool. I've only been back to Cov. 2 or 3 times since I graduated. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Your wife is a doll. we both married up in that respect! take care. Go read my post about the JV football busride. (under General Chat | Bus Memories)

Al Lehman

JV

Post by Al Lehman »

Jon,

Yes, I read the post, it was hilarious! Of coures I'm sure at the time you didn't think so. Can't wait to see you again.

Al