Lou Cefolia

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Robin

Post by Robin »

LOUIS!! I can't wait to see you. Bring your marbles, OK? ;) You were my BEST marble buddy. I tried to teach my daughter years ago, but when she got careless with my precious marbles (many of which were yours) I felt compelled to put them away for safe keeping. Really, really great memories!

Shame on you, Tina, for bringing up the pants-wetting thing with Christine. There are things we'd all like to forget, like:

What I remember from first grade is Shane (who sat right behind me) calling me on picking my buggers!!! I also remember getting busted cheating on a spelling test with words like "me" and "it". For some reason, the words were open under my desk and I felt compelled to look down. Like many things in life, I just can't resist if it's sitting right in front of me!

Angie

Post by Angie »

True, Robin...delayed gratification has never been one of your strengths!
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

Angie wrote:True, Robin...delayed gratification has never been one of your strengths!
I'll second that, Angie.

Shane

teri

Post by teri »

Hi, Dude! Algebra II was an absolute nightmare for me, but you and Patrick tried so very kindly and patiently throughout junior year to make it bearable for me. Thanks for the efforts!

I remember those LONG, LONG bus rides from Folsom to Covington (and back). The country was lovely, but we really lived in the sticks!![/url]

Robin

Post by Robin »

Speaking of delayed gratification, where the he-- are you Sweet Lou? This is your page isn't it? Are you not checking, or even more ghastly, do you not remember me?!!

Hi Teri! I've thought of you many times over the years. Always imagining that you're very successful at whatever you're doing. Looking forward to seeing you!

teri

Post by teri »

Hi, Robin! You are very kind. Hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you at the reunion!

Sweet Lou

You guys.

Post by Sweet Lou »

Thank you for remembering me.

Teri,

I am so glad you said hi. Algebra 2 was a nightmare for all of us I think.

I, too, imagine that whatever you are doing it must be successful. I think of that interminal bus ride too, 2 hours a day.. If only it could have kept us out of trouble. I mean me out of trouble.

Robin,
I admit to not checking my page in the last 10 days. But if you think for one moment that I could ever forget you....Then you never played kickball in Mrs Tesch's fourth grade class.

Tina,

2 children, a successful practice, gorgeous husband.... and the best part is that it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

All,

See you in 2 weeks!

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Re: Lou Cefolia

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Sweet Lou wrote: The best thing that happened to me during that period in my life was in 1996... meeting my wife Michelle. She was 48 to my 28 and had a five-year-old daughter named Madisyn. We married in 1999 and God has blessed us with a wonderful loving relationship. Madisyn is now a Junior in High School and I love her dearly. Of course... she is now doing all the same stuff that we did at Covington High... No wonder I have so many grey hairs!
Hey Louis!!
You sound like you have met a wonderful person, you are very happy and have a great family! How did you meet Michelle?

I think when most of our kids go through the teen/High School stage we have to remember what we did and what it was like...well maybe for just a moment - then we inflict the punishment...LOL! Just kidding..I experienced the same with my step-daughter @ CHS...trying very hard to remember what it was like to be that age again and as you said "the same stuff we did at CHS"! All I can say is enjoy the quiet times, hours of worrying while she out on a date, wondering where she's at...and seeing her face when she comes home at night...because in a blink of an eye - she's married and then you still get to see her...but her journey of life has just begun and your time spent together is just not the same or as often as you would like.

I am so glad to see you on the site... Can't wait to see you at the reunion!
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Charlotte Massey Maggard

teri wrote: I remember those LONG, LONG bus rides from Folsom to Covington (and back). The country was lovely, but we really lived in the sticks!![/url]

Teri and Louis - those were some long rides home.
Remember the bus driver Mrs. Bruhl? No radio allowed and toward the end of our last year she tried the "assigned seat" rule that didn't work?
Now both of her sons are bus drivers and they still live in Folsom.

Well this is how much things have changed in Folsom...
they now have segregated the schools to where they can not be on the same buses - meaning only elementary on one bus/Jr High on another and High School on another! One parent was upset that her elementary daughter was riding on a bus with all of these older kids and complained to the school board. So as of last year some of the bus drivers have to take the same route twice in the morning - once to pick up the elementary kids drop then off and go back for the Jr. High kids...

Times have changed.

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Folsom must have grown since I left.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Charlotte Massey Maggard

You would not believe it... Do you remember the Welcome Wagon? And it use to be you would know literally almost everyone you saw at Folsom General or Ray's Drive in! Not any more...MANY new faces and families have moved in over the years and soo many after Katrina. It is hard to find land anymore. Like everything else, things change. :?

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Everytime I get home I see something new being built in Covington. Now post Katrina I understand traffic is at a standstill. I keep looking for familiar faces, but never see any......But not in two weeks...... :lol:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Jerry, when was the last time you were home? So many things have changed, it's like New Orleans traffic here and they are doing highway repairs right now on 190 and 1077, what a nightmare. There is no short cut any longer - no matter which way you go there is traffic.

Al Lehman

What's up Julio!

Post by Al Lehman »

Louis,

How's it going? Hope you can make it back for the reunion. I haven't seen anybody in 18 years...I'm psyched!

Al Lehman

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Charlotte Massey Maggard wrote:Jerry, when was the last time you were home? So many things have changed, it's like New Orleans traffic here and they are doing highway repairs right now on 190 and 1077, what a nightmare. There is no short cut any longer - no matter which way you go there is traffic.
I was in Covington from Halloween to right before Christmas last year. Traffic was a nightmare then and I don't think it's gotten any better. New Orleans North, I guess. I still remember the tranquil days of Hwy's 21 and 22 when we moved to Covington in 1975.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers