Lou Cefolia

Do we remember you? Refresh our memories.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sweet Lou

Lou Cefolia

Post by Sweet Lou »

Hello Everyone,

I have spent the last 24 hours awash in a flood of memories. So far I remember of each of you who have posted and many of the rest of us who haven't. Happy rememberances of Mrs. Heinz Geometry(Shane), Mr. King's Marching and Jazz Band (Greg). Mrs Wolfe's English(Mark and Greg). All the sports, sporting events, parties(Tiffany, Phil, Julie) and social life that made CHS such a rich, interesting stage to live on. Okay, maybe you can't live on a stage.... but it was the best I could do. I do know that for all my life, each of you are, and always have been, a part of who I am.

Some sad memories (those who won't be coming to the reunion), some happy but all the same I can't wait to see you all!

I have not lived in St. Tammany since graduation. Went to LSU, graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor's of General Studies- ("7 years of college down the tubes".. Bluto Blutarski) Then moved to Ft. Lauderdale,where I worked as a supervisor in several call centers in the travel and collections industries.

The best thing that happened to me during that period in my life was in 1996... meeting my wife Michelle. She was 48 to my 28 and had a five-year-old daughter named Madisyn. We married in 1999 and God has blessed us with a wonderful loving relationship. Madisyn is now a Junior in High School and I love her dearly. Of course... she is now doing all the same stuff that we did at Covington High... No wonder I have so many grey hairs!

In 1999 I moved to Port Saint Lucie, FL and worked as a call center supervisor for QVC, the home shopping channel until 2003. In 03 Michelle started buying vacant lots in FLorida and within 6 months she was doing so well that she needed my help. I have been working with her ever since. Now that the Real Estate Bust is here...and people are buying fewer houses, I am working on getting my contractor's license.... You know what they say... timing is everything.

Personally, I love to play music, golf (any hackers out there?), basketball (a bit older but I can still teach the youg guys a thing or two.) and spend time on the water. Love the Saints and the Tigers!

By the way, are there any of you who remember Mrs. Johnston's first grade class? I know Shane, you were there, Leslie, Julie, Shane Bazer, Tina, Cliff, Chiquita, Darius, Ben, Robin, Angie, were you there? Who am I missing?
I know... I am missing all of you!!!!

Anyway I am so excited to see y'all again in 6 weeks. I'll post some pics of myself and family soon.

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Louis!!!!! I am so glad that you've appeared.....we still have you on our missing list. Please send me your address and email so I can update you in our directory. My email at work is julie@medtronsoftware.com.

And YES, I WAS in Ms. Johnston's class in first grade!! Can't believe you remember that. Boy we had some good times!! We'll have to chit chat and trade stories.....

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Julie

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Louis, I'm pretty sure we had a class or two together. Some sort of math or science, like maybe Sedatal's Geometry, or Mr. Traylor's Chemistry. Good to see you here.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Sweet Lou

Post by Sweet Lou »

John,

Of course I remember you! You look almost the same, except for the beard. and the tatoos, .... I bet you are just as meticulous as you ever were.

and I mean that with all the love in my heart.

Man, I hope you can come....

Peace,
Lou

shane

Post by shane »

Lou! Great to hear from you! There's an invitation in the mail to you today; it'll be great to see you.

BTW, I do remember Mrs. Johnson's class. I remember she was pregnant and left for part of the year (think how old that kid is now!). Covington Elementary just celebrated 50 years recently and Mrs Jones (2nd grade, do you remember her?) was there (she's 93 now). You can see pictures here http://www.nola.com/katrinaphotos/tp/ga ... ?g_id=6745

Shane

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Louis!! It's so good to see you here. :) I so hope that I get to come to the reunion, I too miss everyone! Look forward to talking to you more on here and hopefullly in Covington in October. I wasn't in Covington until my junior year (I went to 3 high school's believe it or not, one being Salmen in Slidell my freshman year, Oviedo HS in Oviedo, FL my sophomore and Covington my jr. and sr. year). I got around (figuratively speaking of course!!!!).

Sweet Lou

Post by Sweet Lou »

Shane!

You da man! Thank you so much. I can't wait!

One thing that sure hasn't worn out on you is your long term memory! I seem to remember Mrs. Jones... but it said in the NOLA link that she retired in 1970... HMMM.

Tiffany,

I hope you can make it, too. It would be great to see you again. Although from your photo.. you stopped aging in 1986.

PEACE,
Lou

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Sweet Lou wrote: Tiffany,

I hope you can make it, too. It would be great to see you again. Although from your photo.. you stopped aging in 1986.
Oh, I wish, but THANK YOU!!!

shane

Post by shane »

T-P was wrong on Mrs. Jones. I think they meant 1980.

Look for your invitation soon. See you next month

Shane

Angie

Post by Angie »

Louis - Glad to see you found your way to the site and will make it to the reunion.....I remember sitting in Mrs. Irene Johnson's 5th grade classes with you...Tina and I used to talk to each other across the room with you in sign language I think.....or maybe it was just me and Tina doing the talking.....we learned the ABCs in sign language from a Helen Keller biography and would tediously spell out each word to each other...of course, Tina was always faster than I was and I could never keep up with her!! She would have to redo her messages to me....I am surprised she was still able to keep her straight A average being friends with me! See you at the reunion.
Angela Eddy Feemster

Sweet Lou

Sign Language

Post by Sweet Lou »

I remember that! Wow, I hadn't thought of alphabet sign language in years! This is so cool. Those William Pitcher Pics transported me directly back to the time of parachute pants and Mermbers Only jackets. If I didn't have to be in the present, I would probably spend all my time gathering wool.

shane

Post by shane »

Lou,

Somewhere, I've got a picture of you, me and Chris Normand all done up for the Powder Puff game and smiling for the camera our senior year. As soon as I dig it up, I'll post it.

Shane

JonBarton

Mrs Johnson's 5th Grade class

Post by JonBarton »

Wow Angie, you're bringing me back. I remember that class, and I remember the sign language, and I remember never being able to keep up with Tina in the sign language, or anything else...but she was such a down to earth and sweet genius, and a great friend. She never made Louis and I feel as gross as we really were in the 5th grade.--Jon Barton
Angie wrote:Louis - Glad to see you found your way to the site and will make it to the reunion.....I remember sitting in Mrs. Irene Johnson's 5th grade classes with you...Tina and I used to talk to each other across the room with you in sign language I think.....or maybe it was just me and Tina doing the talking.....we learned the ABCs in sign language from a Helen Keller biography and would tediously spell out each word to each other...of course, Tina was always faster than I was and I could never keep up with her!! She would have to redo her messages to me....I am surprised she was still able to keep her straight A average being friends with me! See you at the reunion.

ccoopermetz

abc basics

Post by ccoopermetz »

The only thing that got me out of 7th grade history in sondra johnson's class at pitcher was the sign language answers that angie gave me across the room! what a life saver!!!
btw that mrs. johnson is the librarian at lyon elementary. i see her pretty often.
Of course I remember mr. S at pitcher. he used to throw erasers at us!
he wasn't the same guy at chs though. that was very disheartening at the time. i think we took it personally. he has since retired from teaching. told me recently it just wasn't fun anymore.
go back further than pitcher ...to pineview middle! anyone remember mrs. flot? she STILL teaches as a substitute! Olivia is at pv now so every now and then I run into her. She looks great! And the 'librarian' at pineview became the principal and just retired this summer. (mrs. russell).
its wild to have olivia go thru the teachers/schools that I went thru at her age. buildings are bigger but some things really do stay the same.

Tina Li

Post by Tina Li »

Louis Cefolia! Great to hear from you! Jon Barton, too. I can't believe you remember all those things. I currently feel like I have amnesia - too much sleep deprivation. What about Christine Sumrall? I think she was in Mrs. Johnston's 1st grade class. I have a memory of her wetting her pants sometime that year.

Hope to see all of you soon!