Charlotte - Past to future

Between high school and now.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Charlotte - Past to future

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

After graduation, I was so unsure if I wanted to go straight into college or just take a break and start college later. 3 months after graduation I met my husband (Terry), we started dating, were married 2 years later (August 1988) and have been married ever since.

After we were married we moved to Maryland, my husband is a floor mechanic/floor installer from hard wood to ceramic tile, etc. The economy was not booming here at the time so we moved, lived there for 2 years and decided home (Folsom) is where we wanted to be. Plus, Terry has a daughter from a prior marriage that we saw from time to time while living in Maryland, but we did not want to miss out on any more of her life. So we moved home, both found jobs right away and started life in Louisiana again.

I worked for Dillard's Department Store in Hammond for 2 years (Shoe Department Manager). Within the first year and a half of working there I had my daughter Victoria (who just turned 14 on June 1st). Left Dillard's because the hours were very long, worked holidays, nights, and weekends and did not see much of my family.

Went to work for Franco's Athletic Club. Started as the Pro Shop Manager and within my 10 1/2 year career I became the Programs Director, Event Coordinator, & Assistant Club Manager. I was offered the General Manager position many times, but did not have interest in flying everywhere to promote and be "The company representative". Left there because again, with all the responsibility I missed out on way too many things and it was time to find something that worked for all.

Left Franco's in October of '04, took 4 months off of work to decide what I wanted to do. Started with a company called ExPert E & P Consultant's in Northpark as the Executive Assistant to the President (hours are M - F 7am-4pm, no weekends, no nights)> WOW, there is a job that you can work, spend time with your family, be home for dinner AND don't miss out on anything on the weekends!

My journey since high school has been very adventurous, VERY rewarding and my family is my life. I never thought I would meet anyone who I would call my "Soul Mate". I have been blessed, not only with my very attractive husband but with both of my beautiful girls. Rachael the oldest is 24, she got married May 28 '05 and just made her 1 year anniversary. Victoria is 14 and will be starting the 8th grade next year at Folsom Jr. High.

LIFE IS GREAT!!!
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Connie

Post by Connie »

Folsom Jr. High!!!! Good Lord, I hope they have built a new one since we went there! Oh, the smell!!! :shock:
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Yes, actually they have done some remodeling and had to add portables due to the number of kids attending. Recently they added to the left side of it (where the parking area is) a new office, library and conference room - yes, conference room...they have grown alot. Also in the area between where the office was and on the way to the Ag. room they added 4 new classrooms and more lockers as well as redid the gym. Believe it or not they took the stage out. However, the lockers are still blue!!!!! LOL!

Back then - bad smell - GREAT TIMES!
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard