Memories ~ Ft. Walton Beach 1986

Between high school and now.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Tiffany

Memories ~ Ft. Walton Beach 1986

Post by Tiffany »

What a trip that was after granduation!! I remember that 7 of us had a room together at the Holiday Inn in Ft. Walton Beach after graduation (not that we all slept in that room on any given night). It was myself, Jennifer Boesch, Vickie Culbertson, Leslie Leonard, Chanda Pennington, Trudy Hibbett & Joelle Hoffman.

Who else was in Ft. Walton Beach after grad? There were so many CHS people there. Anyone have any memories to share of that trip?

shane

re: Memories - Ft Walton Beach 1986

Post by shane »

I remember... not as much as I'd hoped (probably with good reason).

Roger Butzman relieving himself on the hotel...
John Sable breaking a table in our room while we were checking out...
2-story-tall funneling...
Dan passed out in bed...
Roger passed out in bed...
Jerry passed out in bed... (I see a trend)
someone passed out in the bathtub... (yep, trend)
odd noises coming from the bed next to me...
said bed being occupied by one person at one moment, then two other people the next (no names!)...
the back seat of my car down to accomodate the 13 cases of beer Jerry Cottrell, Sheri Sable and I transported illegally across state lines...
Jagermeister...
the warm Gulf breeze in the evenings...

Ye Gods, sometimes I don't know how we survived it all...

Shane
Last edited by shane on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Something about a bathtub brings back memories too. I don't think water was involved. It's very foggy and I don't remember staying sober for very much of that 7 day trip.

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Hence being passed out in the bed.....actually floor to be correct...... as the table that John broke was underneath me and cut my ankle at the time....

Here is a picture of Tiffany and Sean from that trip.
Attachments
Fort Walton-Tiffany and Sean.jpg

shane

Post by shane »

Here's another I just dug up

Shane
Attachments
Jennifer, Joelle, Joey
Jennifer, Joelle, Joey
img265.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 17818 times

ccoopermetz

Post by ccoopermetz »

okay i remember dan laneau "why sizzle bacon when you can sizzle lean?", gary nordgren streakin thru the hotel, me funnelling southern comfort and getting seriously ill (duh) but not before crying and shane being the only one who could console me. i also remember a killer sunburn and only being able to wear my 'party naked' shirt and bikini bottoms on my poor skin. i missed the big night out to cash's as a result and john sable stayed in the room with me to keep me company. any of this sound familiar to anyone else?? (i'm tattling on myself!)

Angie

Post by Angie »

My graduation trip to FL would be considered LAME compared to this one you are talking about......Disney World with Susan and her dad and step-mom....we had our own room and IHOP for breakfast everyday! Being the lush I was in H.S. (and we all know Susan was so NOT a lush), I even talked Susan into asking her dad if he would buy us a tiny bottle of vodka...he did.
Angela Eddy Feemster

mark

FT Walton Crowd too wild for us

Post by mark »

Grant Howard, Greg Ward, Bobby Anderson, and my brother Billy Leach stayed at the Sun Destin down the way. We knew Ft. Walton would be a bit over the top. There was plenty of beer and my big brother was quite good at funneling. So good he took out Greg on the first day. Later that year, he took out my college roommate. A life lesson, don't try to outdrink a 6'3" 220lb ex football player if you are well...a normal size person. You'll find yourself somewhere regurgetating all over yourself.

In Destin, we mainly introduced ourselves to TN girls, played lots of beach volleyball, played a few drinking games, and even rented a Kataraman. I remember Leslie and Vickie stopping by and Dustin Butscher. We did venture into Ft Walton one night and saw quite a few CHS folks. I know Grant saw Laurice. I think I remember seeing what was left of Gary Nordgren. I have some pictures somewhere I'll try and post. I'd do a few things differently but all in all it was a great week. My favorite part was hanging out with great friends, the volleyball games against the "TN dudes", and watching and talking to the bikini clad girls...typical jock stuff, I guess.
Mark J Leach

dennis

grad night

Post by dennis »

Shane you forgot to add the guy who ran down the road in front of your house naked

shane

Re: grad night

Post by shane »

dennis wrote:Shane you forgot to add the guy who ran down the road in front of your house naked
Technically, that happened the night BEFORE Ft Walton, and I wasn't going to bring it up (unless asked), but since you did...
Attachments
The aftermath...
The aftermath...
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Greg Ward

Re: FT Walton Crowd too wild for us

Post by Greg Ward »

mark wrote:There was plenty of beer and my big brother was quite good at funneling. So good he took out Greg on the first day. Later that year, he took out my college roommate. A life lesson, don't try to outdrink a 6'3" 220lb ex football player if you are well...a normal size person. You'll find yourself somewhere regurgetating all over yourself.
Mark, actually Billy took me out "slamming" 7-up and Bacardi 151 in the kitchen at our condo. We ended up going to Ft. Walton later that evening, and I think we might have been at Shane's place for a Party. I just remember sitting in a corner feeling rather sick (the room was spinning in various planes), and there was a whole bunch of people that kept asking me if I was alright. I seem to recall you (Mark) carrying me back to the car when we left, and me swearing I'd never drink like that again, which in fact is a promise I've kept to this day. I definitley learned my limits and my lesson! :roll:

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Greg Ward wrote:[I seem to recall you (Mark) carrying me back to the car when we left, and me swearing I'd never drink like that again, which in fact is a promise I've kept to this day. I definitley learned my limits and my lesson! :roll:
Well Greg, you learned it early, very smart guy. Some of us took a little longer to learn ours and some us still haven't! :shock:

I too recall seeing what was left of Gary on various occassions. One time, he came knocking on our door in a toga claiming to be the Avon lady.

Shane, for the life of me, can't remember taking that picture with you, Roger Butzman and was it Paul Sharp? I think Tonia sent it to you for reunion. Do you remember?

I do very very vagauely recall I may have been inducted into Shaneism - there, the one and only time I have tried Jagermiester (yuck!) - before you took me to buy more booze. Or am I imagining that? :?
Brenda

shane

Post by shane »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:
Greg Ward wrote:[I seem to recall you (Mark) carrying me back to the car when we left, and me swearing I'd never drink like that again, which in fact is a promise I've kept to this day. I definitley learned my limits and my lesson! :roll:
Well Greg, you learned it early, very smart guy. Some of us took a little longer to learn ours and some us still haven't! :shock:

I too recall seeing what was left of Gary on various occassions. One time, he came knocking on our door in a toga claiming to be the Avon lady.

Shane, for the life of me, can't remember taking that picture with you, Roger Butzman and was it Paul Sharp? I think Tonia sent it to you for reunion. Do you remember?

I do very very vagauely recall I may have been inducted into Shaneism - there, the one and only time I have tried Jagermiester (yuck!) - before you took me to buy more booze. Or am I imagining that? :?
I don't recall that one either, Brenda. I must have been suffering from same ailment as you. :twisted:

I used to induct all willing supplicants into Shaneism (and there were a lot of them) and it often took some convincing to do the Jager, but I don't remember too many people saying no during the "ceremony." All sounds very sacreligious, doesn't it? Anyway, I had a drivers license I'd found in Biloxi back in 83-84 and the guy looked a lot like me; worked more often than not. I remember making several runs to Cash's to re-stock during that trip.

Oh, and that's you, me, Roger and John Sable (he looked like such a baby!)
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

shane wrote:[IOh, and that's you, me, Roger and John Sable (he looked like such a baby!)
Can't believe I didn't recognize John! I can see it now, duh! :oops:

In Florida, I am sure I was one of the MANY willing participants. With Jaeger, I mean! :shock:
Brenda

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:
shane wrote:[IOh, and that's you, me, Roger and John Sable (he looked like such a baby!)
Can't believe I didn't recognize John! I can see it now, duh! :oops:

In Florida, I am sure I was one of the MANY willing participants. With Jaeger, I mean! :shock:
Okay, I'm confused (not that that's any big surprise :lol: ). What picture?
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty