Julie M.

Between high school and now.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Julie Mathies

Julie M.

Post by Julie Mathies »

Since High School....Wow! MUCH has happened in my life, both good and bad. After High School, I attended SLU and majored in Sigma Sigma Sigma, or that's what my parent's always said. Yes, I was a sorority girl, and was VERY involved in it. My "real" major was Office Administration, with a minor in Management, so when I graduated in Dec of 1990, I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business. I spent that first year and a half after college working as a Field Representative for Tri Sigma, and got to travel all over the US to different college campuses where we had a chapter. I was supposed to be the ultimate Tri Sigma role model, though what I really did was a lot of partying! All in all, it was a great adventure, and I'm glad I had the opportunity.

I returned to Covington, and had to get a real job....that's where Medtron came into the picture.....been here since (see my entry on "paying the bills.)

As for life, I got married in 1995 to Dean Armand, which most of you know was a complete fiasco. I did have a wonderful son, Zachary, who's now 8, though his dad & I divorced in 1999. Those years were really rough for me because not only did I deal with divorce, I also lost my mom & dad just 8 months apart. We sold my parent's house (the one in the pictures with the pool) several years ago, but for those of you who remember it, my dad's ugly "green" truck still sits in my yard....one of those items we, for whatever reason, couldn't part with. Believe it or not, it still runs (kills an ozone layer though every time it's started) but not driveable.

Anyhow, I've never remarried, but have been in a relationship now for over 5 years. All is good......

I do wish sometimes that I could go back and relive some of the days in the 80's.....boy were those good times! And, thanks to this website, and all of you who have been posting, I'm getting the chance to do that!!

Angie

Post by Angie »

Sounds like alot of loss in a short time, Julie. Sorry to hear that. Post some pics of your son soon! Julie, you, by the way, look exactly the same!

I went to SLU and I must have been in la-la land because I don't recall seeing anyone from CHS there....especially the notorious Tiffany party. What in the world was I doing? Ah! I was living in Lee Hall for the 1st semester and dating a jazz/reggae musician and being a "groupie" and spending every weekend at the Maple Leaf Bar in Uptown watching them play and watching Walter "Wolfman" Washington play guitar with his 1 front tooth. I was pretty distracted I guess.....
Angela Eddy Feemster

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Julie, I bet that job with Tri Sigma was a lot of fun. I wish I would have been able to stay SLU longer but things went down hill after that party for a while. :) I didn't know that your parents died. I couldn't imagine going through that. I'm so sorry you had to go through that so young. I wish we would have kept in touch after I left SLU.

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Yes, that was a rough time for me, but I've made it through! I, too, wish we could have stayed in touch after SLU.....BUT, we can certainly stay in touch now!

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

That sounds like a great idea! :) I may not be able to make it for the reunion, but I will be back in Cov. eventually since my family is still there and I intend to contact everyone I can think of to get together with. I will give you plenty of notice though. :)

ccoopermetz

Post by ccoopermetz »

Tiffany,
please make the trip to the reunion! It would be great to see you!!

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

I have to agree...it would be great if you can come! I know there can be things out of your control that can stop you from coming even if you want to...
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Julie - my condolences on the loss of your parents. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been on you for all of that to occur in such a short period time. Like Candace, what strength and determination. Kudos to you. You sound happy now and you surely deserve to be.
Brenda

Tonia Delhommer Taylor

Post by Tonia Delhommer Taylor »

Julie, you are a dear friend to me and I was really saddened to hear about your mom and dad. I thought the world of them. You are a strong loving person and always have been. I think the world of you and you know I am hear if you ever need me. I have pictures from your mom and dad's house when you gave a swim party that Shane is going to help me put on the website. They are great. We had some great times and memories.

Love ya,

Tonia

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Thanks Tonia! I appreciate all the sweet posts everyone has left. I gave those same pictures to Shane. Some are classic....maybe he'll post some. Someone that I work with lives 3 houses down from my old house and said that the people living there now just held a huge wedding there! I can't imagine!! You know, I wonder if MATHIES still shows on the bottom step of the swiming pool????